Career Change

I have been working with at-risk youth for the past 20 years and the past 9 in a detention facility. In December I will be receiving my Masters Degree in Public Administration. How do/can I transition my self into the public sector with my previous exerience and education? I also have a under grad degree in Urban Studies.

We hold free, in-person training events in the nation's capital where you can learn best practices and network with top government leaders. Sign up to join us!

Leave a Comment

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Profile Photo Steve Ressler

Good question.

We have a # of career resources and resume resources to check out:

But even grander than that – public sector is huge and wildly different types of jobs from grants to TSA screener to IT to working in places like detention facility.

So I’d start with focusing on what agencies looking for & what types of jobs specifically based on your background (w/ MPA could be more budget/wonky or with detention experience maybe looking for more like CBP border patrol agent)