Here’s an invitation from Ben Roberts of The Conversation Collaborative to participate in the third (and final) round of the innovative online conversation he’s hosting as part of the National Dialogue Network initiative…
From now through October 31st, please join us on hackpad, on the phone and perhaps in person as well, as we continue to explore the topic of race as it relates to the National Dialogue Network’s topic of Poverty and Wealth in America.
The stories we tell ourselves concerning race, poverty and wealth will be the focus of our Round Three inquiry. You can be a “story teller” and/or a listener/respondent. Thank you to Helen Roberts and Safeer Hopton for agreeing to share their stories to get us started. You can listen to Helen’s recording and then post reflections on our here on the “Story 1” pad, and read or listen to Safeer’s interview here on the “Story 2” pad. You can also…
- Go to one of our additional pads and share your own story there
- Pair up with a friend (live or virtually) and interview one another
- Email me and request that I interview you (this Sunday afternoon or in the morning Eastern during the week is good timing).
- Join the conversation on our “spin off” pad on “Race and Culture” or “Changes to Voting Laws.”
See the main pad for Round Three to get started on all of the above.
We also have two interactive MaestroConference calls next week. These calls will feature a brief orientation for those who are new to the conversation, plenty of time for dialogue in small and large groups, and two special guest conversation starters. Stay tuned for more info. Note that if you’re receiving this email from me, you’re already registered. Here are the times for the calls:
- Tuesday, Oct 29 from 3-5pm Pacific/6-8pm Eastern
- Thursday, Oct 31 at 11am-1pm Pacific/2-4pm Eastern
Finally, as part of our collaboration with the National Dialogue Network, we request that you take their survey here. This is our way of connecting our thinking together with that of other groups having similar conversations as part of this initiative.
Hope to “see” you soon on the pads and on the phone, and thank you for your interest and participation to date!