Here is today’s federal cybersecurity and information technology news:
- NATO’s International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan is installing a system on its networks that can block data sharing through emails, blogs, various segments of the network, as well CDs, thumb drives and other storage devices. More here.
- The U.S. Marine Corps has developed the Tactical Robotic Controller to standardize control of unmanned aircraft, vehicles, and ground robots. More here.
- The Defense Intelligence Agency will be holding its annual free Technology Expo on October 16. More here.
- Despite poor performance in testing, the Army continues to invest in its Joint Tactical Radio System initiative. More here.
- Steven Taylor, former deputy CIO and chief technology officer of operations, has been serving as acting chief information officer at the State Department since the beginning of August. More here.
- The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is seeking a better way to leverage online tools to more effectively issue weather warnings. More here.
- In a move indicative of the Air Force’s shifting mission, the Tennessee Air National Guard’s 118th Airlift Wing will include a cyber security and unmanned aircraft unit. More here.
- The Electronic Frontier Foundation sued the government to make public documents allegedly showing the National Security Agency unlawfully surveilled Americans’ e-mails and telephone calls. More here.
- Idaho National Lab demonstrated a suite of cybersecurity solutions to help utilities defend their control networks. More here.
- The Command and Control Integration branch of the Joint Staff Directorate for Command, Control, Communications and Computers wants to develop a digital close air support system for all services and foreign partners. More here.
- At a government and industry forum in Washington, DC, top Department of Defense technology officials revealed that the radio frequency spectrum, mobility, and security are the most pressing issues for military networks. More here.
This post by AlexOlesker was first published at CTOvision.com.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.