The Persistent Digital Archives and Library System (PeDALS) Project is a major U.S.-based digital preservation project, that is of interest to the government information community. A primary objective of the PeDALS Project is to develop a system for preserving digital records of state and local government agencies, including legal records.
The partners in the PeDALS Project include:
- Alabama Department of Archives and History
- Arizona State Library Archives and Public Records
- State Library and Archives of Florida
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- New York State Archives
- New York State Library
- South Carolina Department of Archives and History
- South Carolina State Library
- Wisconsin Historical Society
Technologies and standards utilized in the project include OAIS, PREMIS, and LOCKSS. The project also utilizes automated business rules — applied by means of a business rules engine — to process digital records.
For more information about PeDALS, please see the project’s Website.
HT Victoria Reich.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.