By Bob Gourley
This event should be of interest to any enterprise that uses Hadoop and wants to empower analysts directly with new analytical power over their Hadoop clusters.
Date: Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Time: 11am Eastern; 8am Pacific
Duration: 1 Hour
The success of Hadoop has led many enterprises to the same common vision: a central repository of inexpensive, efficient, and scalable data. This “Data Reservoir” eliminates data silos and feeds all business analytic applications. This vision is driven by the ideal that departmental agency users should have access to all of the data they need, without limitation, and be able to explore and combine internal and external datasets to answer questions that have not been possible or practical in the past.
Implementation of this vision has been slow, and in many cases has not lived up to expectations. The promise of this new technology has been overhyped, leaving agency IT teams to manage yet another data source that leads back to the existing data silos we were trying to avoid.
Join us as we will examine the requirements and solutions we have found in working with customers’ self-service access, performance, and security. In this webinar we will answer the following questions:
- What is a data reservoir and what problems does it solve?
- What are the pitfalls of a data reservoir that agencies face?
- How can an innovative technology like Platfora address these problems?
Register at: http://ctolink.us/ZV8AmF
- Watch the 90 Second Platfora demo here (ctovision.com)
- Cloudera: Extract Benefit From All Your Data (ctolabs.com)
- How Platfora Is Transforming Hadoop (sys-con.com)
- What The Non-Technical Person Needs To Know About Platfora (ctolabs.com)