Robert Ramirez replied to the topic Week 3 Exercise – Try on the Hat of a Division Specialist in the forum Corridor Management Approach to Operations 5 years, 3 months ago
Potential Candidate Corridor:
Transportation Corridor from New Haven, Connecticut thru southwest Connecticut to New York
Major Transportation Facilities in Corridor:
● Merritt Parkway
● U.S. Route 1
● Metro North/Amtrak Railroad
● Ferry between Bridgeport, CT and Long Island, NY
The Needs to be Addressed:
● Improving transportat…[Read more]
What other potential contributors to traffic issues exist?
● Poor signal timing and optimization on CBD arterials and local roads
● Availability of Advanced Traffic Management System
● Poor or no CBD parking management
● Lack of pedestrian accommodation at signalized intersections within CBD
What are the transportation or ITS needs for this ar…[Read more]
Robert Ramirez replied to the topic Week 1 Exercise – Corridor Management Overview Case Study in the forum Corridor Management Approach to Operations 5 years, 4 months ago
Given the availability of transit options, what strategies could we use to make the corridor more active and integrated?
– Institute a multi-modal multi-agency collaboration effort for regional transportation operations focused on the corridor
• Objective: Focus on identifying and addressing institutional, operational, and technical aspects of e…[Read more]
Poll of the Week
Could your inbox use a little more awesome?
Sign up to get a daily dose of awesome gov-focused resources, trainings, blogs and articles to help you do you job better.