Toni Whitfield replied to the topic Week 3 Exercise – Try on the Hat of a Division Specialist in the forum Corridor Management Approach to Operations 6 years, 1 month ago
I-19 Corridor – Nogales, AZ to International Border
This is the route used by freight for hauling fresh produce.
The Needs to be Addressed
-Significant fluctuation in traffic/freight volumes due to produce season
-Lack of traffic signal operators to monitor changing conditions
-Lack of automated system
Your Recommended Solutions
-Better c…[Read more]
1. What other potential contributors to traffic issues exist? Weather, signal timing, awareness of transit options and/or parking options
2. What are the transportation or ITS needs for this area? Improved partnerships and coordination among the existing systems and potentially additional technologies
3. What strategies could we use to help…[Read more]
Toni Whitfield replied to the topic Week 1 Exercise – Corridor Management Overview Case Study in the forum Corridor Management Approach to Operations 6 years, 2 months ago
– State or Regional initiative for flexible work schedules
– Raise public awareness of transit options
– Provide incentive for public transit use (reduced fares, co-locate park-n-ride with facilities such as food/coffee, childcare, gym – livable park-n-ride stations)
– Display transit travel times on DMS in comparison to vehicle t…[Read more]
Poll of the Week
Could your inbox use a little more awesome?
Sign up to get a daily dose of awesome gov-focused resources, trainings, blogs and articles to help you do you job better.