“The PMF is the premier federal program for recruiting the nation’s most talented students into the public service. The Robertson Foundation for Government has teamed up with the social networking site GovLoop to create PathtoPMF.com as the “go-to” guide, helping prospective applicants navigate the PMF process from application to placement.
PathtoPMF.com and the accompanying guide give the PMF program the boost it needs to reignite student interest. If the federal government is to meet the many future challenges it faces, it must have the very best leaders. The PMF Program is the gateway. PathtoPMF.com is your tour guide through the gateway and beyond.”
– Paul Light, Paulette Goddard Professor of Public Service
Founding Principal Investigator of the Global
Center for Public Service, New York University
The Robertson Foundation for Government and GovLoop are pleased to present our updated version of the “Guide to Managing the PMF Application Process” for the Class of 2014.
This guide and the PathtoPMF.com website are the “go-to” resources for prospective applicants in navigating the PMF process from application to job placement. They reveal insights with applicants based on interviews with dozens of current and past PMFs, career advisors, and several federal agency program coordinators.
The guide offers a comprehensive resource for every stage of the application process, including:
- Historical program overview and insider insight on the PMF program,
- Tips on the application process and past interview questions,
- Practical advice on the online and in-person assessment,
- Analysis from historical data on popular graduate degrees, top universities, and top hiring agencies, and
- Successfully managing the job fair and placement process.
If you have any questions, please head on over to our discussions forums on PathtoPMF.com as well. We’ve launched an Open Thread for the general application process where you can get more information.
Robertson Foundation for Government: Helping government meet its talent needs by identifying, educating and motivating top U.S. graduate students to pursue federal government careers in foreign policy, national security and international affairs.
- Getting Into Government: A Guide for High Achievers
- Guide to Managing the Presidential Management Fellows (PMF) Applica…
Want More GovLoop Content? Sign Up For Email Updates