The Back to School with Graduate School USA series is supported by the Graduate School USA.
How many languages do you know? Ever thought of picking up a new one? For our next installment of the Back to School with Graduate School USA series, let’s be worldly:
At this point you may be asking yourself, “Why is it so important to learn a new language?” Here are a few reasons:
1. Get a better grasp. A new language allows you to step inside the mind and context of another culture.
2. Get Hired: A language looks great on a resume. It shows that you are a well-rounded individual who can bring added benefits to your employer.
3. Be Accepted: Want to go back to school? Having a second language will do wonders for your application.
4. Be a better employee: Our nation is a melting pot of citizens who speak a wide variety of languages. If you are a public servant, what better way to serve the public than to effectively communicate with them in their native language.
5. Make new friends: I can’t tell you how many friends I’ve instantly made simply by knowing their native language. Even if you are just a beginner, people love to hear others attempt their native tongue.
6. Travel with ease: Go abroad without the confusion! There is nothing scarier than traveling to a different country and not knowing the native language. In fact, many travelers stick only to the countries that speak their language. What better way to enjoy a foreign land than by actually knowing what is being said around you?
7. Get to know your own language: You would be amazed at what you can learn about your native language by studying another.
Convinced? Want to explore more? Graduate School USA offers a ton of awesome language courses. Here are just a few offered:
Want to learn more? Check out the full catalogue of courses offered. Go ahead! Expand your horizons!
Graduate School USA offers great evening & weekend classes starting September 19th. Find the full listing of courses offered at Graduate School USA and check out the catalogue for course descriptions and certification information.