Government agencies are feeling the pressure to expand their digital channels, from both citizens and their own employees. But digital transformation is more than getting new technology; it also involves transforming an agency’s culture and how it operates.
This is where cloud content management can help.
Join GovLoop, your government peers and Box at a free upcoming in-person event, Cloud Management at the Center of Government Modernization Excellence at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C., on Thursday, Oct. 25 from 8:00 am – 12:30 pm ET. You’ll learn how cloud content management can help your agency improve employee productivity, increase efficiency, and deliver better services to citizens.
Here’s a sneak peek at sessions and speakers slated for the half-day event:
Government IT Modernization Fireside Chat
In this engaging fireside chat, you will hear how the Department of Justice is rising to the IT modernization challenge, how they are working to implement the MGT Act, and where they’re running into barriers in updating legacy systems.
The speakers for this session are:
- Ron Bewtra, Chief Information Officer, Department of Justice
- Sonny Hashmi, Managing Director, Global Government, Box
From workforce to budget, and training to rigorous regulations, government agencies face a multitude of challenges when they set out on a modernization path. In this interactive panel, you’ll hear from three government IT leaders about their biggest challenges when it comes to removing legacy systems.
Speakers for this panel include:
- Chris Tonjes, Chief Information Officer, Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia
- Dorothy Aronson, Chief Information Officer, National Science Foundation
- Thomas Sasala, Director, Operations & Architecture, Headquarters, Department of the Army, Office of the Chief Information Officer
- Renata Maziarz, Department of the Treasury, Product Owner, USASpending.gov, Bureau of the Fiscal Service
Women in Leadership Discussion
Women make up less than 20 percent of the IT workforce in government, but that percentage is shifting. Now, women are not just investing in technology careers, but are taking the helm at agencies. In this interactive panel, you’ll hear from these pioneering IT women who are leading the way in their field:
- Renee Wynn, Chief Information Officer, Office of the CIO, NASA
- Naina Leo, Executive Vice President, Net Impact Strategies
- Helen A. Remily, M.Ed., DAC, Director, the Army Distributed Learning Program, Army University
- Steph Carullo, COO, Box
Fireside Chat with Government CIOs
Learn best practices and insights to embrace IT modernization in an intimate fireside discussion:
Alen Kirkorian, CISSP-CISM-PMP, Division Chief, Innovation Strategy and Security, Office of the Chief Architect, Department of State and Bobby Saxon, Chief Technology Officer, Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight
You can view the full agenda and register for free here.
Here are three other reasons you can’t miss this in-person training:
- Earn CPE credit: Attendees can earn up to three CPE credits towards professional development for attending the event live.
- Networking: You’ll have the opportunity before and after the event to network with industry partners, government experts, and your peers. Make sure to bring your business cards!
- Free Breakfast: Who doesn’t like free food? During registration, hot breakfast and coffee will be served so you can learn about IT modernization with an alert mind and a full stomach.