The City and County of San Francisco, Department of Public Works, is recruiting for the position of Deputy Director for Financial Management and Administration (DDFMA). The Department is seeking an outstanding individual to provide leadership, direction, and management for the Office of Financial Management and Administration (OFFMA), which is comprised of Finance, Budget and Performance Division, Business Services Division, and Information Technology Division. The DDFMA will oversee the preparation of the Department’s budget, direct the development and implementation of the Department’s strategic plan, and monitor the organizational structure, staff assignments, service levels and administrative systems required to accomplish the Department’s mission and objectives. The DDFMA will oversee the operation of the division functions, activities and programs and set objectives and monitor the performance of subordinate managers. The DDFMA serves as a member of the 24/7 emergency response team for the department as a member of the command or general staff in the Department’s Emergency Operations Center (DOC). The DDFMA reports to the Director of Public Works of approximately 1200 total temporary and permanent employees, and an operating budget of $178 million and annual basis capital project budget of more than $250 million.
The Deputy Director for Financial Management and Administration manages: (1) the Finance, Budget and Performance Division responsible for the department annual budget, capital project plans, financial plans, financial analysis, supplemental appropriations, participation in bond authorizations and sales, financial program/project reports, City residential garbage rate analysis and setting, indirect cost plan development and implementation, grants research and administration, development of financial resources, and performance measurements; (2) the Business Services Division responsible for the department’s purchasing transactions, payment/disbursement processing, and collection of revenues, construction/professional service contract administration, payroll analysis/error correction, job order processing, financial systems development and maintenance, and coordination of audits; and (3) the Information Technology Division responsible for the design, programming, and maintenance of department-wide automated information systems. Services include planning, software development, network and hardware installation and operations.
1. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting, Economics, Finance, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university; AND
2. Ten (10) years of progressively responsible administrative/management experience including at least six (6) years of supervisory/management experience.
• Demonstrated strong managerial skills to lead and motivate a dynamic and diverse professional workforce
• Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, with a diverse group of policymakers and public officials, both internal and external to the department
• Completion of National Incident Management systems (NIMS) and Incident Command System (ICS) training as outlined by the Department of Homeland Security-Federal Emergency Management Agency, the California State Emergency Management Agency and the CCSF Department of Emergency Management
HOW TO APPLY:
Please view the complete job announcement (PEX-0954-060330) and apply for this position online at: http://jobaps.com/SF/sup/BulPreview.asp?R1=PEX&R2=0954&R3=060330&Viewer=Admin&Test=Y
Application Deadline: June 28, 2013