by Rick Alcantara
1. List day and night media contacts
2. Include maps of your community
3. Include links to your codebook, council minutes, budget reports, and tax figures
4. Include links to bios of key personnel (e.g., mayor, council members)
5. Post media releases grouped in reverse chronological order
6. Archive editions of your municipal newsletter
7. Post your municipal calendar
8. Employ a password-protected area where you can house information specifically targeted at reporters
9. Post FAQs
10. Add RSS (real simple syndication)
Rick Alcantara is founder and principal of Tara Communications LLC, a strategic public relations, marketing and Internet firm that helps clients plan, implement and measure their communications. For more information visit www.tarapr.com. Follow Rick on Twitter @jerseycoach.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.