City of Seattle - Accounting Manager (Mgr 3 - FB&A)
The City of Seattle Finance and Administrative Services Department is recruiting for an Accounting Manager.
Go to http://www.seattle.gov/personnel/employment/default_neogov.asp and look for the Accounting Manager position to apply.
|The Department of Finance and Administrative Services, Financial Services Division, Citywide Accounting & Payroll Services is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to lead the Citywide Accounting Services team. Reporting to the Director, this leadership role will manage 13 employees within the unit. The Citywide Accounting team is responsible for generating the City’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), establishing Citywide accounting policies and procedures, providing fund accounting for all City departments, and providing operational accounting for various fiscal functions within the City.
| Job Responsibilities:
- Supervise a unit of 13 professionals and manage day-to-day office operations.
- Lead the preparation and issuance of the City's Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and other mandated State and Federal reports. Oversee the financial audits conducted by the Washington State Auditor's Office. Lead the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Provide leadership in the application of accounting and reporting standards by managers of decentralized departmental accounting operations. Manage the monitoring and analysis of financial data for City funds for compliance to accounting policies and compliance to ordained budget limits. Provide reliable financial information to external users, City finance analysts, planners and decision makers.
- Develop and maintain citywide accounting policies and procedures in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and which comply with legal, grant, and regulatory requirements. Monitor best practices and new standards and lead citywide implementation.
- In partnership with the City’s financial information technology staff, provide oversight of the use and modification of the City’s financial system and its functionalities to support the needs of elected officials, central finance and policy staff, and departmental finance and operation managers; produce required financial reports; demonstrate compliance with adopted policies and procedures; and utilize effective controls to ensure data integrity.
- This position will be a key contributor to the Financial Management and Accountability Program (FinMAP) which will manage a major upgrade of the City's PeopleSoft Financial Systems.
- Manage the month end and year end closing Accounting processes and calendars to ensure timeliness of financial reporting.
- Manage the accounting for citywide cash transactions and investments; compile debt/arbitrage reports; and reconcile control accounts for citywide accounts payable and payroll processing.