Clues About the Origin of Flame, CIA R&D Focuses on Big Data, and More
Here is today’s federal cybersecurity and information technology news:
- Kasperky Labs finds links to Stuxnet, and hence the U.S. and Israel, in the code for the Flame worm. More here.
- The 12th Annual Department of Defense Cyber Crime Conference is asking for abstracts for consideration to present a briefing, workshop, or panel discussion. More here.
- Nearly a third of the companies in the portfolio of In-Q-tel, the venture capital arm of the Central Intelligence Agency, are located in Silicon Valley, signalling a shifting focus towards Big Data. More here.
- The State Department is buying 2,500 Amazon Kindle e-Readers to help those studying English and learning about America. More here.
- The White House, Department of Energy, and Stanford Graduate School of Business held the Energy Data Jam conference to generate new ideas for using energy data for efficiency. More here.
This post by AlexOlesker was first published at CTOvision.com.