I just read an article that featured memory competitions. For example, at the USA Memory Championship, participants compete in 10 events. One event involves memorizing random digits in a short time and repeating as many as possible. Another is memorizing the order of a card deck and repeating it as fast as possible.
I think a similar competition, call it the Contracting Skills Championship, would be a novel way to promote technical skills that new contract specialists need to learn. Possible events could be:
- Mock negotiations
- Analyzing risk in a statement of work in under 5 minutes
- Come up with as many solutions as possible to a scenario in under a minute
- Fill out a CAR in FPDS as fast as possible
- Find 10 files as quickly as possible
- Answer a customer’s question as quickly as possible
- Research 3 random questions in the FAR as fast as possible
These are just some thoughts. If you feel inspired, run with it.
I really like this idea!!! I will be on board to plan this!!