Blackstone Technology Group is expanding our Federal Team in the DC Area. We are hiring a Drupal Web Developer who can design, code, debug, and test innovative applications for Drupal-based web applications in a fast-moving, cutting edge government client environment.
• Assist in the design, implementation, testing and deployment of enterprise-scale Drupal web applications
• Work with others to implement complex functionality using PHP by creating custom Drupal modules that comply with Drupal coding and security standards
• Work with others to design and code service interfaces from Drupal to external systems such as Remedy, Dynamics CRM, and financial systems
• Some front-end development – Drupal theming and Jquery
• Share knowledge and assist with training other developers
• BA/BS, preferably in Computer Science or other related subject area (technical, analysis, or mathematics)
• Must successfully complete a stringent Background Investigation and obtain the required Government Security
• 1+ years of experience developing with Drupal or other content management frameworks, including demonstrated custom module development and theming.
• Experience working in an agile (Scrum/XP) development environment preferred.
• Deep knowledge of Drupal development norms and application architecture a plus.
• Identifies and understands user and organizational requirements and context of use
• Working knowledge of a variety of production tools, technologies, and techniques for design and development, including IDEs, source control (git), build tools and testing frameworks.
• Demonstrated experience with best practices Drupal configuration and change management – Drush, Automated Testing, and Deployments
• Knowledge of XML and web service architectures, especially related to eProcurement and CRM
• Knowledge of usability/accessibility standards of user interface development in order to produce code compliant for Section 508 accessibility; may work with development tools that aid in this process.
• Must have an understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture, XML, SOAP, REST, JSON, and other Web Services technologies.
• Understands complex database concepts as well as the implications of different database designs and techniques. • Work experience with more than one relational database management system, including MySQL.
• Proficient with MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Demonstrates very good written and oral presentation skills and outstanding client-interaction skills.
• Thinks creatively and demonstrate the ability to work independently on a complex task with little direction, supervision, and management oversight. The incumbent should be highly motivated, a self-starter, and able to work alone or in groups.
Please feel free to contact me regarding this position at [email protected]