For those of you who know me, I am a numbers guy. So I decided to look at the numbers of the GovLoop lending team (on the Kiva website)…
* We have participated in 54 loans totaling almost $72,000 (GovLoopers lent $3,825 of that amount).
* The largest total of loans went to Tanzania ($11,300)
* The largest average loan was to the Dem Rep of Congo ($3,775)
* $31,450 went to groups (13 loans), $17,625 to females (25 loans), $22,500 to males (16 loans).
* While females received the most loans, the average amount is $705 compared to an average of $1,406 for males and an average of $2,419 for groups (NOTE: there are certainly females in the groups, and sometimes all female groups, but I added all groups into one category).
* The GovLoop Kiva team (on the Kiva website) has 22 members, and members has made an average of 2.86 loans (compared to a overall Kiva average of 4.5).
* 16 of the loans have been in Africa, while only 5 each to Central America/Carribean and the Eastern European regions.