Has your agency transitioned to the cloud yet? If so, you are definitely not alone. More and more government agencies are taking that leap and using the cloud to successfully manage and store their growing volumes of data.
EMC, a market leader in cloud solutions, is hosting an upcoming event on the benefits of cloud technology and virtualization networks and why agencies should opt for these IT systems over more traditional ones. EMC describes how the cloud sits high and above other more traditional data storage options, since it is:
- Less Expensive: cloud systems use less equipment and services, lowering the costs of storing data.
- More Capable of Handling Large Amounts of Information: cloud technology does not require the high amount of resources, development, or services that traditional systems do to process big data.
- Data Accessible: users have the ability to retrieve and share content on the cloud instantly.
EMC’s Atmos, an object based cloud storage solution, goes one step further than the above benefits, optimizing the user’s cloud experience with the following capabilities:
- A Single, Central Management System: the Atmos enables users to consolidate and store data from a variety of locations. Users then can view and manage this information from one central management system.
- Easy Scalability: with the Atmos, users can add features, applications, and capabilities to the cloud without needing to reconfigure the system.
- Automation Services: users can set up automatic data placement policies with the Atmos, allowing them to better manage their content on the cloud.
- Accessibility Across Devices: the Atmos gives users the ability to instantly access their information across a host of networks, web platforms, and devices.
The Atmos, as part of EMC’s cloud technology, is made stronger by a virtualized backup and recovery system that outperforms more traditional security methods. Specifically, this system provides the cloud with faster backup and recovery options and makes it more efficient and protected overall.
Both the Atmos and its backup and recovery system will be featured at the upcoming EMC event. In addition, presenters will provide tips on how to make the most out of your cloud and virtualization technology. Richard Spires, a former Homeland Security CIO, will be the lunch keynote speaker and will address best practices for moving agencies to a more modern and flexible Enterprise Computing Environment. Event details are listed below and can be found at EMC’s website.
Be sure to REGISTER and not miss out on this incredible event!
Date: Thursday, December 12
Time: 7:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Location: The Palomar Hotel, 2121 P Street NW, Washington, DC 20037
EMC Corporation, a global IT leader, enables the federal government to transform its operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, delivered in partnership with leading government contractors and federal systems integrators, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping federal IT departments to store, manage, protect, and analyze their most valuable asset—information—in a more agile, trusted, and cost-efficient way. Additional information can be found at www.EMC.com/federal.