CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
NOTICE OF JOB OPPORTUNITY
CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (Inspector General’s Office)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field supplemented by five years of progressively responsible managerial experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
NOTE: RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: All City employees must be actual residents of the City of Chicago. Proof of residency will be required at the time of employment.
NOTE: APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE INDIVIDUAL APPLYING. NO SECOND PARTY APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Commensurate with Experience
- Under direction, the Chief Administrative Officer manages the department’s administrative operations.
- Manages staff engaged in various administrative support functions. These include budget and finance, procurement, communications, human resources, and information technology.
- Establishes policies and procedures in compliance with departmental goals and City rules and regulations.
- Prioritizes division workload to ensure the timely completion of assignments.
- In conjunction with senior staff, responsible for developing and refining office-wide performance management activities to include the development of performance measures and staff evaluations for a mission driven organization.
- Directs the preparation of budgets and oversees the maintenance of fiscal reports.
- Manages the contracting process for the purchase of goods and services to support office operations.
- Advises management of budgetary requirements and personnel policies and procedures.
- Oversees the preparation of management reports detailing division activities.
- Performs related duties as required.
To apply for this job title, please follow these six steps:
- Go to e-mail address [email protected];
- In the subject line, type in the job title for which you are applying;
- Complete, save and attach the “Inspector General Employment Application,” available here;
- Attach your cover letter for this job title;
- Attach your resume; and,
- Attach a writing sample and college and/or graduate school transcripts.
NOTE: To be considered for this position you must provide all the information listed above. If you fail to provide this information at the time you submit your application, your submission will be incomplete and you will not be considered for an interview. Application materials will only be accepted by e-mail at [email protected]. If there is more than one open position in which you are interested, you may apply for more than one title by submitting an individual e-mail for each title. Repeat instruction steps one through six with each e-mail.
THE CITY OF CHICAGO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER