Featured Based Techniques for SharePoint
What are Feature Based Techniques?
Why are Feature Based Techniques important to SharePoint?
Feature Based Requirements Techniques
Problems with old methods
- Overly administrative
- Slow to delivery, Slow to receive benefits
- Complex relationships difficult to represent
Problems with new methodologies (Agile)
- Disconnected from rest of enterprise, unless significant administrative activity is created and fostered
- Leaves islands of automation to be cleaned up later (tomorrow never comes on my watch)
- Does not take advantage of economies of scale unless reuse policy and processes are in place and enforced
Why Information Architecture Feature Based Requirements
- Feature Based design is not new (Mechanical Engineering)
- What’s new Requirements based on creating Information Architecture Features
- Mapping Information Architecture Features to SharePoint Features (Best Practice for Reuse)
- SharePoint is a Feature Based system and most design work is centered around configuring features
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.