As many of you know, we recently conducted a survey on the Top Ten Organizational Development Challenges employees are facing in 2011. After surveying over 300 clients, consultant and partners over the course of six months, the results are in!
In order from the most pressing to the least challenging, the list below contains the Top Ten issues identified by our clients, consultants and partners.
- Managing performance to increase accountability
- Building a pipeline of qualified leaders
- Addressing the career development needs of a multigenerational workforce
- Strategically communicating organizational priorities
- Engaging and retaining a diverse workforce
- Managing remote employees
- On-boarding new employees
- Implementing numerous, significant top down changes
- Developing employees with less funds
- Succession planning and talent development
While each organization has its own unique struggles, several themes emerged that are consistent throughout many of organizations. Our Three Great Questions involve the recent research regarding the top OD challenges you may be facing today:
- What is your organization doing to manage the performance of employees to increase accountability?
- What is your organization doing to build a pipeline of qualified leaders for your organization?
- What are you doing to address the career development needs of your multi-generational workforce?
These questions may seem daunting but recently I had the privilege of sharing dozens of specific strategies on how to address these and other issues including best practices learned from our work with clients over the past 14 years. In addition, participants in that work session generated over 120 specific strategies to address these organizational development challenges. If you would like a copy of this information please share your thoughts on specific strategies by sending an email to [email protected]
Also, several clients have been taking advantage of our recent additions to the Online Learning Center. We have added several selections for Organizational Development Consulting Services. Please take a moment to visit our Learning Center for additional information on consulting services that can address the issues you are facing.