With the ubiquity of Big Data, Apache Hadoop has become a vital platform for cost-effective, reliable, scalable distributed computing to store and analyze hundreds of gigabytes of complex information. Since the Hadoop ecosystem is open source, it is supported with a growing community of professionals. However, it is a platform in growing demand which means there is a real need for training in this space. Cloudera provides tremendous training and an extensive list of tutorials. Training can help you make the most of open source approaches like Cloudera’s Distribution including Apache Hadoop (CDH), a free complete package of the best Hadoop-related software.
Many data professionals learn Hadoop and related capabilities (like HBase) because they are the only tools available to meet the demands of Big Data analysis challenges. While the basics can be learned through online tutorials and help files, to really accelerate the use of these tools we strongly recommend professional training. And we recommend end users buying solutions do so from teams that possess recognized certifications. To really master the platform’s capabilities takes training, and signalling that mastery typically requires certification.
Cloudera offers training and certification services, and will be providing three upcoming training sessions in the Washington, DC area:
- Developer Training for Apache Hadoop: Learn to build data processing applications. This course covers the basics of that Hadoop is, how it can be used, and how to integrate it in with your workflow. It also teaches you how to write a MapReduce program along with common MapReduce algorithms and debugging MapReduce programs, and how to use Apache Hive and Pig. At the end of the course, participants will take an exam to become a Cloudera Certified Developer. The course runs from Monday, August 22 to Wednesday, August 24 in Washington, DC, with tickets available here.
- Cloudera Administrator Training for Apache Hadoop: Learn how to operate and manage Hadoop clusters. This course introduces participans to Hadoop and Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and goes over planning, deploying, maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting your Hadoop cluster. It also covers scheduling jobs, populating HDFS from a database using Sqoop, and installing and managing other Hadoop projects. This course is also concluded by an exam to become a Cloudera Certified Administrator. It will be held from Thursday, August 25 to Friday, August 26 in Washington, DC and tickets are available here.
- Cloudera Training for Apache HBase: This course is for Hadoop developers who want to master Apache HBase, a distributed data store for hightly scalable throughput. The course goes through an introduction to HBase, Hbase architecture, HBase deployment, and advanced HBase features. Participants will also learn schema modelling, the HBase shell, and HBase Java APIs. This course will be held on September 22 in Columbia, Maryland, and tickets can be purchased here.
- The Quickest Way To Deploy A Well Engineered Apache Hadoop Solution To A Production Environment (bobgourley.com)
- Cloudera Unveils Industry’s First Full Lifecycle Management and Automated Security Solution for Apache Hadoop Deployments (ctolabs.com)
- Find Hadoop Training (ctolabs.com)