Are you are looking for terrific career tips and practical ideas to get ahead in your career? Look no further than the new GovLoop careers resource page. We’ll feature new resources that can help you be a rockstar in your government career journey. Look below for ways you can advance in your career, from our career guides, to online trainings, to our latest articles on how to get ahead in the workplace.
Past Online Trainings to Watch
GovLoop Partner Schools
Master of Public Administration at UNC delivered online
[email protected] prepares students to be effective leaders in public service. Students benefit from the same top-ranked UNC School of Government curriculum, courses, and renowned faculty as full-time, on-campus students and receive a high-quality MPA education through:
- Live weekly classes, hosted online using video conferencing technology
- Self-paced, highly produced course content available 24/7
- Social interactions with well-connected peers and faculty
- A hands-on practicum experience working in an organization near your home
- Lifelong connections to the UNC and School of Government communities
Whether a student’s passions lie in managing and leading local, state, federal government or nonprofit organizations, [email protected] can help build upon their skills and expertise.
Advance your career with [email protected]
The Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University now offers its Master of Public Health online. With classes taught by GW faculty, [email protected] features the same rigorous academics and selective admissions criteria as the on-campus program. Through a dynamic blend of live online content, high-level collaboration with faculty and peers and real-world field experiences, [email protected] prepares recent graduates and public health professionals to make a difference in global communities.
AU’s Master of Arts in International Relations – Online
The online Master of Arts in International Relations is specifically designed to provide students with a foundation in advanced international relations topics, as well as a specialization in an interdisciplinary professional field. Current concentrations include Global Security, International Development, International Negotiation & Conflict Resolution, and United States Foreign Policy and National Security. Through the use of innovative technologies and real-world immersive experiences, International Relations Online blends the flexibility of a global online program with the rigor, quality and classroom interaction of an on-campus experience.
- 4 Tips for Federal Hiring Managers
- 3 Tips on Planning Your Federal Career Based on Vacancies
- How to Find Your Next Federal Job
- 9 Tips on USAJOBS for MPA/MPP Students
- 5 Worst Mistakes on Government Resumes
- If You Really Want It, Be Persistent
- How to Say Sorry at Work – and Mean It
- The Difference Between Onboarding and Orientation
- 5 Ways to Hold Better, More Effective Meetings
- 5 Non-Caffeinated Techniques to Wake You Up at Work
- Excellent Writing Skills Are a Workplace Must
- Five Fun Department Meeting Activities
- Workplace Wellness and Cubicle Culture
- How to Use Self-Assessment Tests to Get Your Dream Job
- How to Be a Leader at Every Stage of Your Career
- How to Get the Most Out of a Virtual Career Fair
- 9 Qualities of Truly Confident People