So I’ve been traveling a lot lately. And once you start traveling a lot, you start to learn the tricks of the trade.
Here’s my how-to tips on traveling
1. Decide on a loyalty program – Pick one hotel chain and one airline and focus on them at any costs. You will get much better seating and rooms. Plus earn lots of free stuff. I’d rather be an A player at one place than a D player at 5
2. Get a good suitcase – Find that optimal size for carry-on. Get it in a color not black (I have a sweet dark blue). Make sure it has good wheels.
3. Aircard – Ideally all airports would have free wi-fi. But they don’t. So you need an aircard for those times when you are bored, have a free hour, or your flight is delayed.
4. Iron-free clothes – So needed. Even if you are good, you probably don’t feel like ironing your clothes every night of traveling. Find good suits and shirts that don’t need ironing. Or at least look good with some steaming.
5. Yelp – Yelp is my go-to app for traveling. If I’m staying somewhere, I’ll just hit nearby and find all the good restaurants and coffee shops. I used to do all this research and plan ahead. Now I just Yelp. And don't forget to check out GovLoop's Per Diem Caclulator to find events, restaurants, hotels, and more.