Human resources professionals play a critical role in government. Among their many functions, they recruit, select, and onboard employees. But too often their work is done through tedious and slow paper-based processes.
With today’s technology, this no longer has to be the case. With Enterprise Content Management (ECM) tools, HR professionals can automate much of the storing, searching, compiling, tracking and managing of documents, freeing up their time and creating more efficient HR departments.
Proper document management is an essential function for HR professionals. Documents allow HR to evaluate the workforce, track salary and benefits and prepare if an employee leaves the agency or retires. So the information should be immediately available, and easy to locate.
With an ECM solution integrated into your HR systems, you can remove the burden of paper for HR professionals. But how, exactly? We explore below:
- Recruiting and Selection: ECM can capture, store and route application files to the proper manager, removing manual processes.
- Employee Onboarding: You can use ECM to gain better visibility into onboarding, and make sure trainings are completed effectively and on time.
- Employee File Management: ECM can help your HR team manage resources from one location, making the files available to those when you need it. It can also help with accuracy, as ECM can spot missing files and manage document retention, helping you remain compliant.
- Policies and Procedures: ECM stores your information electronically, and can notify staff of any updated policies and procedures.
- Parting Ways with Staff: If an employee leaves your agency, ECM will help you automate the process and make sure that all the necessary steps are done for the departure.
Looking to be a more efficient HR department? Here are four ways from Hyland, a leader in ECM solutions, to get you started.
- Start with scanning, storing, retrieving and reclaiming staff time by eliminating paper.
- Automate and integrate systems to optimize processes and create more visibility into where things are and where they need to go.
- Add compliance with the latest policies and procedures, required documents and credentials.
- Evaluate and simplify employee performance reviews.
HR departments are an essential part of government organizations and should not be burdened by paper. With ECM, HR teams can become more efficient and effective in how they manage the workforce, helping departments fulfill their organization’s mission.
OnBase is a proven enterprise content management solution for each level of government, helping each meet today’s challenges of smaller budgets and staffs while laying the foundation for simplified, efficient and mobile government information technology. To learn more, visit:http://www.hyland.com/solutions/government.aspx