“The Guide to Managing the Application Process is an invaluable tool for any student interested in the PMF program, one of the most exciting paths to a career in public service. Draw on the experience and insights of those who know the program best – from former PMFs, college career advisors and government managers, the Guide helps prospective applicants understand what it takes to become a PMF. With this guide, the Robertson Foundation has made an extraordinary contribution by helping to attract the brightest and most committed young men and women to service to the nation.”
– James Steinberg, Dean of the Maxwell School of Syracuse University, and University Professor of Social Science, International Affairs, and Law
This guide and the PathtoPMF.com website are the go-to resources for prospective applicants in navigating the PMF process from application to job placement. They reveal valuable insights based on interviews with dozens of current and past PMFs, career advisors, and several federal agency program coordinators.
The guide offers a comprehensive resource for every stage of the application process, including:
- Historical program overview and insider insight on the PMF program,
- Tips on the application process and past interview questions,
- Practical advice on the online and in-person assessment,
- Analysis from historical data on popular graduate degrees, top universities, and top hiring agencies, and
- Successfully managing the job fair and placement process.
If you have any questions, please head on over to our discussions forums on PathtoPMF.com as well. We’ve launched an Open Thread for the general application process where you can get more information.
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR PARTNER:
Robertson Foundation for Government: Helping government meet its talent needs by identifying, educating and motivating top U.S. graduate students to pursue federal government careers in foreign policy, national security and international affairs.
Want More GovLoop Content? Sign Up For Email Updates