It seems like almost everyday there is a new app hitting the government space. So we here at the DorobekINSIDER are going to be your test drivers. We will highlight one app every week that we think will make a big difference towards our mission: helping you do your job better.
First up: PTSD Coach
The Department of Veterans Affairs says: PTSD Coach mobile app wins FCC award for helping people use technology to manage PTSD symptoms.
The PTSD Coach app can help you learn about and manage symptoms that commonly occur after trauma. Features include:
- Reliable information on PTSD and treatments that work.
- Tools for screening and tracking your symptoms.
- Convenient, easy-to-use skills to help you handle stress symptoms.
- Direct links to support and help.
- Always with you when you need it.
- Fast Company: Mission Leadership: 4 Principles For Creating Corporate Commandos
- Much of the post-Petraeus talk has centered on the crisis of leadership in the military's top echelons. But on the ground, innovation doesn't spring from "command and control," but from mission leadership, something commando-turned-consultant Damian McKinney can teach you a thing or two about.
- Fast Company:The Best Business Books Of 2012: Find Fulfillment, Get Productive, And Create Healthy Habits
- These 12 books have shaped not only the way we work this year, but how we think and the conversations we're having. Authored by luminaries like Nate Silver, Clay Christensen, and Susan Cain, these delightful-to-read tomes offer insight into the power of vulnerability, habit, social media, and more.
- Strategy Business:Best Business Books 2012: s+b’s Top Shelf
- SAP:The Future of Social Media: 50+ Experts Share Their 2013 Predictions
- New York Times: The Power of Failure
- The Power of Failure: Taking a cue from Silicon Valley, nonprofits are learning to use their failures as an integral part of the process of innovation and, ultimately, progress.