Not a Govloop Member? 30 Secs & Free to Join for Great Info & Perks
Wow..so my Top 5 Worst Places to Have a Government Job really got people going. Some controversy of my five but such is life with any list.
Let’s switch it around and go to the Top 5 places to have a Government Job
1. Charlottesville, VA – You live in a classy, college town where you can actually buy a house on a gov’t salary. And when you are called up to DC, you can make it into a day trip
2. Denver – 2nd biggest federal government hub. A really cool, fun city close to the Rockies. Good sports, culture, and lots of other jobs if you want to switch.
3. Ann Arbor – You see a trend here. But how cool is it to live in Ann Arbor – home to University of Michigan, 30 minutes from Airport, and close to Detroit. Work for EPA here amongst others
4. Research Triangle – The Raleigh-Durham area has one of the highest rates of educated workforce. Two huge colleges, lots of natural outdoors, and plenty of culture. Lots of gov’t facilities here especially EPA.
5. San Antonio – Great town. Good food, good weather, affordable housing. Lots of military jobs and the Spurs are pretty cool.
Bonus – For the right person, DC is at the top of list. Tons of government jobs. You get to work with the decision makers. Lots of culture and opportunity for rapid promotions.
===> Check out some of my other "Top 5's" ====>