From new citizen engagement strategies and mobile apps to doing more with less, state and local governments are continuously finding innovative solutions to really tough issues. There are countless examples of state and local governments leveraging technology and tackling challenges in a proactive, inventive and agile way — and we’re here to highlight them.
To do so, GovLoop recently hosted our first-ever State and Local Innovators Virtual Summit. The Summit featured six online trainings and two keynotes designed to educate and inspire innovative action in your community. It also included over 200 resources and interactive booths geared towards what matters most to you — improving the lives of the constituents in your community and preparing you for what’s next. Register here.
Here’s the list of trainings available in the on-demand environment:
- Keynote: Why Ask Questions with Warren Berger, Author of A More Beautiful Question
- Securing the Cloud at Your Level featuring a case study from the State of Delaware
- Why Government Is Going Paperless with Terri Jones, Hyland
- How Montgomery County Instituted Financial Transparency with two reps from Montgomery County, MD
- Keynote: Responsive Design: It’s More than Just Websites with Karen Robinson, CIO, State of Texas
- Simplifying Your Search: How Government is Opening Data Through GIS featuring a case study from Fairfax County, Virginia
- How Government is Driving Decisions Through Real Time Data and GIS with Esri and OSIsoft
- Secrets of the C-Suite: Tips for Becoming a Senior Leader in Government featuring success stories from top leaders in government
Although the live date has come and gone you can still view all of the trainings and download helpful resources. Now is the time to see the innovative work your state and local peers are doing — and how you can, too.
Be sure to read all the training recaps here and join in on the discussions!