Download the PDF: Thou Shalt Tweet! 15 Commandments for Government Agencies on Twitter
5. THOU SHALT TWEET REGULARLY
When deciding to follow your organization’s account or not, one of the first thing twittizens will do is look at your last tweet. If it is 2 months old, forget about it!
Set a tweet schedule and try to stick with it – even if it’s just for a quick RT or a reply to an interesting post. It will give twittizens the feeling that your account is lively and that you are taking care of it.
Complete Listing of All 15 Twitter Commandments
This guide evolved from a post by Alain Lemay on GovLoop titled “Who Not to Follow On Twitter: A Guide for Public Sector Employees.” Alain is a Senior Web Communications Analyst for the Foreign Affairs and International Trade Agency in Canada. He graciously donated his time to assist in producing the 15 Commandments for Government Agencies on Twitter Guide in tandem with the GovLoop team.
- Thou Shalt Listen Before You Leap
- Thou Shalt Use Thy Profile Information Properly
- Thou Shalt Have a Disclaimer
- Thou Shalt Not Be a Bully (Nobody Likes a Bully!)
- Thou Shalt Tweet Regularly
- Thou Shalt Integrate My Tweet Approval Process
- Thou Shalt Not Register Alternate Accounts
- Thou Shalt Not Automate Thy Tweets
- Thou Tweet In the First Person
- Thou Shalt Not Bait and Switch
- Thou Shalt Not Spam
- Thou Shalt Be Selective About Who You Follow
- Thou Shalt Monitor Thy Account
- Thou Shalt Contribute to the Conversation
- Thou Shalt Measure for Success