During a recent road trip, I was shocked that a roadside produce stand took credit cards simply by using an app on the farmer’s iPhone. If a vegetable kiosk can do better business with mobile, surely your agency can too. To learn how, join GovLoop and a great line-up of government thought leaders on Tuesday, September 10th for the 2nd annual Government Innovators Virtual Summit. The summit lasts from 11am to 4pm, and there will be a special session focused on mobile innovation from 2pm-3pm. RSVP and see the full schedule here.
By joining our online training, you will learn the latest best practices and strategies to deploy mobile technology. We will share how government agencies are rapidly deploying mobile strategies to improve operations and performance. Plus, we will discuss how agile mobile deployment of key agency functions can increase productivity, reduce costs and build a sustainable mobile strategy that can evolve as technology advances. Our expert panel will include government and industry thought leaders talking about mobile innovation in the public sector. Specifically, the panel will discuss:
- Current state of mobile in government and overview what is driving adoption trends.
- An overview of the Transportation Security Administration approach to mobile and their lessons learned presented by Neil Bonner, Program Manager, Applications Development, TSA
- Mobile expert Chris O’Connell, Vice President of Federal Sales at Appian Corporation will discuss lessons learned and best practices from client experiences.
Until our virtual training, here are three surprising facts about mobile and government and what they mean for you:
- The number of searches done on mobile devices is up 20% from last year. If your agency does not have an accessible mobile website, clients may have trouble finding you.
- America’s Latino population is ahead of the curve in mobile technology. 47% of Latino adults have embraced wireless exclusively versus 34% of all U.S. adults. Make sure your agency knows what communities are accessing your services via mobile to ensure your mobile product is targeted to the audience.
- 72% of smartphone owners keep their phone within 5 feet of them at all times, according to a recent study. If you embrace mobile, your agency’s services could be within arms reach of clients 24 hours a day.
I hope to see you all at the summit. You can RSVP right here. How has mobile changed your agency? What are the costs and benefits of deploying mobile technology?