GovLoop is a vibrant community of more than 300,000 government employees, industry partners and knowledge experts — who are extremely engaged. You all have insights to share about career development; leadership; diversity, equity and inclusion; and other top-of-mind issues that matter most to government employees.
We launched the GovLoop Featured Contributor program several years ago as a way to elevate the knowledge and experiences of our community so that we can all benefit from shared insights. We also know that many of you are prolific writers. You’re looking for opportunities to document your knowledge, workplace hacks and lessons learned while developing your professional brand and investing in others.
Your contributions to GovLoop are so engaging and valuable that we’re looking to expand on them. Today, we’re announcing the 27th round of the GovLoop Featured Contributor Program.
We’ve already had very successful runs of this program, with more than 300 amazing GovLoop Featured Contributors (whose posts you can read here). We’re looking to keep the momentum going with new voices.
We’re looking for 10-15 great GovLoop voices to write two articles a month (12 total), starting mid-July through December. Articles are typically around 500 words. We accept applications on a rolling basis, so if you can’t participate in this cohort but are interested in writing in the future, please apply and we can discuss future opportunities.
We welcome you to write about topics that you’re deeply passionate about, and we ask that you use one of the following categories below to frame those conversations. We want to ensure that your stories resonate with as many public servants as possible.
For example, if there’s a technical topic or work experience you’d like to write about, consider how you might tell that story through one of the following lenses:
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
- Resilience/change management
- Process improvement/agency outcomes
- Professional and workforce development/learning
- Employee and public engagement/experiences
- Career advice
- Workforce planning (hybrid workforce, retention, etc)
If you want to be a part of this prestigious program, it’s easy. The deadline for applications is Friday, July 2. All you have to do is email [email protected]. Use the subject line “GovLoop Featured Contributor,” and include the following:
- Three blog post ideas and the bulleted categories you’d use to frame your stories
- A writing sample
- Your resume
What’s in it for you? In addition to having your articles read by our community of 300,000, you’ll get:
- A featured homepage slot on GovLoop every time you post
- Promotion and re-sharing of your posts to our social network communities
- Recognition of your efforts and status via a special GovLoop Featured Contributor logo
- Published articles and a great line on your resume
- Opportunities to have your writing featured in GovLoop editorial projects
Any questions? Email us, leave a comment on this post or tweet @GovLoop. We look forward to your ideas and contributions.