“You have to think anyway, so why not think big?” – Donald Trump
In a 2009 New York Enterprise report, “the Donald” gave 10 secrets for entrepreneurial success. As federal employees we have to think like entrepreneurs if we want to get ahead. Here are his tips:
1. Realize that being an entrepreneur is not a group effort. You’re in charge. Everything starts with you.
2. Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.
3. Think of yourself as a one‐man army. You’re not only the Commander in Chief; you’re the soldier as well. You must plan and execute your plan alone.
4. Don’t expect anyone to be on your side.
5. Use your imagination. Use your intelligence to execute what your imagination presents to you.
6. Put everything you’ve got into what you’re doing. Nothing should be haphazard.
7. Ask yourself: What is it I can provide that does not yet exist?
8. See yourself as victorious. This will focus you in the right direction.
9. See other people saying: “I wish I’d had that idea.”
10. Never give up. Be tough. Apply your skills and talent, but above all, be tenacious.
What do you think?