I realize this is a Canadian event taking place next week, but I can’t think of one reason why we in the US of A can’t join our North American neighbors and do our part. So what do you say, can’t you at least try??
Reasons why driving your car isn’t doing you any favors:
1. Traffic congestion, rush hour — all the headaches, not to mention time sitting in traffic
2. Gas prices — they seem to be on the rise — think of the money you’ll save
3. Do the pounds keep piling on? — walking to work, to the bus stop, or riding your bicycle is great exercise
4. Give your vehicle a vacation — save on wear and tear
5. The planet will thank you and you’ll breathe easier
So hop ( bike, carpool, telecommute, take public transporation, or walk) to it! Pin your car key on your shirt and get out there!
Complete agree especially for all those people living in DC and can easily grab the metro and hoof it to work.