I realize this is a Canadian event taking place next week, but I can’t think of one reason why we in the US of A can’t join our North American neighbors and do our part. So what do you say, can’t you at least try??
Reasons why driving your car isn’t doing you any favors:
1. Traffic congestion, rush hour — all the headaches, not to mention time sitting in traffic
2. Gas prices — they seem to be on the rise — think of the money you’ll save
3. Do the pounds keep piling on? — walking to work, to the bus stop, or riding your bicycle is great exercise
4. Give your vehicle a vacation — save on wear and tear
5. The planet will thank you and you’ll breathe easier
So hop ( bike, carpool, telecommute, take public transporation, or walk) to it! Pin your car key on your shirt and get out there!