These are 9 things I came up with as I was “downloading” from the event the morning after. Please add your own in the comments below!
9. Myth: You can do it all and get A’s on everything (Frank DiGiammarino, its a realization I’ve come to before, but its always good to be reminded of this)
8. Misti Burmeister might be the most energetic person I’ve ever met.
7. Nick Charney might be second.
6. It’s a Career to Manage your Career (Frank DiGiammarino)
5. Unrealistic timelines and cost projections are the biggest barriers to implementation in government (William Eggers)
4. The Doom Loop (Frank DiGiammarino)
3. It is amazing what people hear. I asked/answered questions in sessions that I didn’t think anything about at the time, but ended up being approached by an audience member later on to discuss it further.
2. I’m not alone.
1. Public servants are creative, bright, cool, hardworking, passionate individuals. (And in Canada, they can even swear!)