Mostly, people take online bachelor’s degree so that they can earn more money. Usually a bachelor’s degree is a 4 year course. The main advantage of taking an online bachelor’s degree is that you get a higher salary when compared to non-graduates.
The main advantages of taking an online bachelor’s degree program are:
- Time – it is an important advantage of an online bachelor’s degree program. As it is not a full time intensive program, you can opt to study at your own schedule. You can easily fit study to your daily schedule whether you are at home or at school or at work online.
- Save money – due to the global economic slowdown, there have been decrease in number of people going for study at reputed colleges or universities. Nowadays there has been increase in number of people opting for online bachelor’s degree programs as it is cheaper, and saves time and effort. We can save bus fare, tuition fees etc. For e.g. if you are studying at a conventional school, college or university, they would charge you extra for the usage of additional resources. But when you can study at home, that cost is reduced and it provides for savings.
- Moreover a full time intensive program would take around 4 years to complete. But you can finish an online bachelor’s degree program by 2 years.
- As your online bachelor’s degree program requires that you use computer and internet frequently, your computer skills will dramatically improve.
- You will get complete attention of your teacher which results in more attention to the student and the outcome is improved results.
- Geographical location is not a factor in online bachelor’s degree program.
The main disadvantages of taking an online bachelor’s degree program are:
- Lack of discipline – As your online bachelor’s degree program does not require any specific time for study; it results in lack of discipline. Hence you won’t be able to study effectively.
- Lack of motivation – There is a lack of motivation factor in online bachelor’s degree program. In a conventional bachelor’s degree program, the presence of students would help in competition with them resulting in higher marks.
- Lack of interaction
For some people online bachelor’s degree program would suit them but for others it won’t.
This article originally taken from my blog online bachelor degree programs
My Squidoo Page: http://www.squidoo.com/Online-Bachelor-Degree-Programs