Here are today’s top technology stories.
- AdaptiveMobile has recently tested the iPhone and found a serious SMS flaw – as more reports of mobile exploits are released, it seems that SMS to be a serious flaw across the board. Both Android and iOS have been hit hard by SMS weaknesses. Via InformationWeek, more here.
- Bitcoin inhabits a “legal gray area,” but for how long? A few Senators are working hard to curtail the way that Bitcoin is outside of the US law enforcement realm of influence. A Temple University law student, Nikolei Kaplanov explained in a paper how the currency resides in a legal gray area. Via Ars Technica, more here.
- Evernote and Moleskine are teaming up to make notetaking MORE digital – everyone’s favorite note app and everyone’s favorite notebook are teaming up with a line of notebooks that allow you to quickly snap a shot with your Evernote mobile application and create a smarter notebook. Via Gizmodo, more here.
- Both Apple and Samsung the losers in South Korean Patent Infringement Suits – Apple was found to infringe on two networking patents of Samsung’s, while Samsung infringed on the Apple bounce-back patent. Could this be a sign of things to come in the US? Via The Verge, more here.
- Could India’s SMS Hoax Panic happen in the US? Last week India thousands of migrant works fled in panic due to SMS messages that radical Muslim groups would attack after Ramadan. TechCrunch examines if it is possible that could happen in the US. More here.
- Tencent and TCL unveil Ice Screen, a 26-inch Android-based smart TV – While I’m against smart TV’s (I prefer smaller and cheaper smart boxes), this $300 Chinese TV could change a lot of that. Via Engadget, more here.
- Samsung’s design team tells the story behind the Galaxy SIII in this video
<iframe width=”640″ height=”360″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/H6zAqnJiTAE?feature=player_embedded” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
This post by RyanKamauff was first published at CTOvision.com.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.