We all need help from others in our job search. That’s a given.
But what’s the best way to get that help and to present your questions to others so you get the help you need?
Figure out who can help you and what you think you should specifically ask them for.
Would you help me….
* Learn more about x type of work
* Identify additional jobs in my field beyond (whatever titles you know)
* By being a reference
* Review my resume and give me feedback
* By editing my resume for clarity and grammar
* Meet new people in target company x
* Prepare for an interview
And always remember to say thank you and return the favor when you can.