We wanted to share an announcement we saw recently about a graduate fellowship program we think some of our NCDD members might be interested in. Merrimack College’s Masters of Education program is offering a year-long, full tuition fellowship that focuses on community engagement – perfect for folks seeking to gain more theoretical grounding as well as experience in engagement. You can learn more from the announcement below or visit the fellowship page here.
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
I am pleased to announce that applications have opened for our 2014-2015 M.Ed. Community Engagement Fellowship programs. This is a full-tuition, 36-credit graduate fellowship leading to a Master’s in Community Engagement in one year. This program focuses on diversity, social justice, community development, and organizational change. Students gain a broad understanding of civic engagement in the nonprofit sector and pursue careers as nonprofit leaders, social change activists, and leaders in the national service learning movement. I would be grateful if you could pass this information on to your colleagues and interested individuals who may be interested in learning more about this program. Highlights of our fellowship program:
- The year-long fellowships cover all tuition costs.
- Students take courses in the summer and evenings throughout the semesters as they engage in a site-based residency, gaining unparalleled hands-on field experience.
- Students have a site mentor and a college supervisor throughout the fellowship.
- Fellowships are open to all academic majors and backgrounds; bachelor’s degree is required.
- Students earn a Master’s degree in one year.
- Community Engagement Fellowship (one year program)
- Community Engagement (full or part time program at your own pace)