The Federal Business Development Specialist drives inside sales as they generate, qualify and nurture prospective clients and develop new sales opportunities for the field sales team. This will involve administrative support, extensive research and prospect interaction as well as developing, managing and potentially closing smaller opportunities. The role also has responsibility for acting as a local liaison to the marketing organization for the purpose of coordinating lead generation efforts. Coordinating public relations and press activity for the federal account space is also an expectation of the role.
This position reports to the General Manager, Federal Market. The Business Development Specialist position provides tremendous growth opportunity and has exposure to Marketing, Client Services, Product Management and many other departments within the organization.
- Work with marketing to developing targeted marketing campaigns and follow-up on in-bound leads
- Coordinate with marketing department to execute strategic, targeted prospect marketing campaigns using email and phone calls
- Assist in the development/completion/submission of RFIs / RFPs, basic prospect proposals, sales follow-up documents, contracts and other miscellaneous prospect communications
- Provide and coordinate appropriate resources for prospects including on-line demonstrations and marketing materials/events to educate and nurture/advance sales cycles
- Conduct/coordinate research on targeted prospects, profile prospects and update account information in the company’s sales force automation (CRM) tool to ensure appropriate sales and marketing coverage
- Work closely with field sales team to communicate and coordinate lead and opportunity pipeline development as well as the transition of sales opportunities at the appropriate time
- Develop and keep current in-depth knowledge of public sector market, GovDelivery’s products and services, and competitive positioning
- Two to five years of work experience; preferably in a sales, business-to-business telemarketing or business development environment
- Experience utilizing phone, email, marketing materials, and marketing campaigns/events to locate and create new sales license opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to assess sales opportunities and move the prospects through a sequence of events to develop and progress a sales cycle
- Experience differentiating and positioning a product in the marketplace
- Ability to articulate features of a product’s capabilities in terms the prospect can understand and visualize using to meet their goals and objectives
- Ability to prioritize, organize, plan and coordinate activities/time, ability to manage one’s workload
- Sound communications skills including excellent phone presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools
- General knowledge of federal government procurement
- Knowledge of Web technologies (preferably Software as a Service)
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid team focus
The compensation package will be tailored to the candidate commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental plan, and matching 401(k). GovDelivery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.