May I ask you a personal question?
If you don’t mind, take a few minutes to look back over the past five years of your life. Are you now where you’d thought you’d be now that it’s five years later? Be honest.
- Started that great business you had in your head five years ago?
- Finally obtained that healthy, vibrant, lifestyle you dreamt of?
- Forgiven that person that hurt you so many years ago?
- Finished writing that partial book that you started?
If not, why not?
The simple answer is, you’ve chosen not to. Your choices have led you exactly to where you are today. But, don’t beat yourself up because, the great thing is the next five years can be completely different from the last five, if you make a few changes now.
The best way to you can start making changes is to start that “project” that has been in the back of your mind for a while or complete that unfinished project that is lingering over your head.
I recently finished rereading The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy and in it he says that entrepreneurs need to forget about willpower and instead focus on their why-power.
Most of the time, we fail to realize or accomplish our goals because we depend too much on our own abilities. Hardy says, “Your choices are only meaningful when you connect them to your desires and dreams.” He continues, “The wisest and most motivating choices are the ones aligned with that which you identify as your purpose, your core self and your highest values.”
Did you know that one of the fastest ways to accomplish your business goals is to write a book? The best way to do that is to tell your story, in your own words by finally writing and finishing your book. Don’t be like everyone else and die with a book inside of you. Get your story out now so that you can inspire someone else to do the same.
So I ask you, what is your why?
If you fall into any of the following categories, then the upcoming free Self-Publishing Success Summit will be just what the doctor ordered.
- The Aspiring Author – You know having a book can grow your income or your business. Are you a coach, consultant, small biz owner, blogger, speaker, or anyone else who needs credibility and more leads? Speed up your path to success with a book.
- The Partial Author – You’ve been sitting on a half written book for months, sometimes years. You just can’t bring yourself to finish it & publish it. You don’t have the knowledge, and quite frankly, you’re a little scared to put it out there.
- The Existing Author – You already have a book or multiple books…but…you’re having trouble selling them. You’re struggling to make it to the next level with your success & income. This event will be the push you need to take things up a notch.
- The Side Hustler – You’ve tried multiple times to start a side business or something that brings in passive income but, up until now, most of those “experiments” have failed. A book is your first step to making passive income & growing your confidence to take on bigger challenges…finally getting that side business off the ground.
In the end, you can either accept reality as it is, or you can shape your own reality by making minute changes today. In five years, you will be somewhere, whether it is well-designed or undersigned depends on you.