CITY OF PORTLAND
invites applications for the position of:
SALARY: $3,756.00 – $5,787.00 Monthly
OPENING DATE: 02/18/13
CLOSING DATE: 03/04/13 04:30 PM
This recruitment will close once 75 qualified applications have been received or by the posted closing date (March 4, 2013), whichever comes first.
The Compliance Assistant is a newly created position in the Office for Community Technology (OCT), a division of the City of Portland Revenue Bureau. The Compliance Assistant will work as part of a small staff team which manages a public fund and community grants program for the Mt. Hood Cable Regulatory Commission (MHCRC), a public governing board, comprised of citizen appointees from six jurisdictions. (www.mhcrc.org).
Under general supervision, the Compliance Assistant will assist program staff in fiscal and program compliance for grant contracts, such as tracking and analyzing grantee reports; communicating with grantees and program management about project changes and issues; reconciling grantee expenditures; and documenting fiscal and reporting issues.
In addition, the position will support program staff in developing and implementing a more robust evaluation system to gauge the impact of grant funds in the community. The new position will collect, manipulate and analyze data, and produce reports to support program management staff in assessing strategies for the grant program and compliance actions with grantees.
The Compliance Assistant will perform varied financial functions to support the MHCRC’s budget and fiscal responsibilities and provide diverse administrative support to the Commission and program staff.
Applicants must specifically address and demonstrate in their cover letter and resume how their education, training and/or experience, meets each of the following qualifications:
1. Please provide an example which demonstrates your knowledge of and experience with contract and / or grants coordination and compliance, such as tracking systems, analytical techniques, information-gathering processes, and evaluating performance under program and contract requirements.
2. Please provide an example which demonstrates your knowledge of and experience with methods and systems for data collection, analysis, interpretation and reporting.
3. Please provide an example which demonstrates your knowledge of and experience in assisting with and / or performing internal budget and accounting tasks, such as reconciling fund balances and advance payments, tracking appropriate account classifications, processing accounts receivables and payables, forecasting revenues and expenses, and preparing financial reports for managers.
4. Please provide an example which demonstrates your knowledge of and experience with developing and utilizing spreadsheets, databases, project management and other computer applications to assist with assigned projects and reports.
5. Please provide an example which demonstrates your strong writing skills and ability to prepare clear, concise and comprehensive reports, correspondences and other documents in a manner appropriate to the audience.
6. Please provide an example which demonstrates your ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external organizations, volunteers, office staff and others encountered in the course of work.
7. Please provide an example which demonstrates your ability and experience working with external organizations to understand their issues, and making recommendations to program staff on proper action or follow-up within program guidelines.
8. Please provide an example which demonstrates your experience providing administrative and process support to program staff and / or a governing board or commission.
9. Please provide an example which demonstrates your ability to manage a wide variety of concurrent tasks with conflicting priorities and multiple deadlines.
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
An evaluation of each applicant’s training and experience as demonstrated on the cover letter and resume, weighted 100%. Only the most qualified candidates passing the cover letter and resume evaluation will be placed on an equally-ranked eligible list. Additional evaluation may be required prior to final selection and/or establishment of the eligible list. Some positions may require those placed on the eligible list to complete and sign a criminal conviction statement before being considered for employment.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and professional resume online, specifically focused on your qualifications for this position as identified in the “To Qualify” section of this announcement in accordance with the instructions.
All completed applications for this position must be submitted no later than 4:30 pm, on the closing date and hour of this recruitment. E-mailed and/or faxed applications will not be accepted.
Note: If you are requesting Veteran’s Preference, attach a copy of your DD214 / DD215 and / or Veteran’s Administration Letter Stating your disability to your profile, as well as checking the box identifying yourself as a Veteran. Veteran’s preference documentation must be submitted no later than 4:30 PM on the closing date of this recruitment.
Non-citizen applicants must be authorized to work in the United States at time of application.
Minorities, women, and qualified individuals with disabilities are urged to apply. If you wish to identify yourself as an individual with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and will be requesting accommodation, the requests must be made to the Analyst(s) named below No Later than the Closing Date of This Announcement.
Teresa Dahrens, Senior Human Resources Analyst
Bureau of Human Resources
An Equal Opportunity Employer
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1120 SW 5th Ave, 404
Portland, OR 97204