By Ryan Kamauff
This conference brings together Federal CTO’s and industry professionals in a day long content rich exchange of information focused on government requirements in the five subject areas (Tracks) below.
The mid-day plenary session is being replaced by an all government CTO panel moderated by Bob Gourley. The panel will discuss Cloud Computing and the requirements of the government.
Tracks and Sessions:
The Federal CTO Open Source Summit includes five (5) Tracks each containing three (3) 90 minute sessions. Sessions are moderated expert panel discussions including Government, Industry and Academia.
- Cloud Computing (John Keese, Autonomic Resources)
- Open Source vs. Proprietary
- Open Source Lessons Learned
- Code Assurance (Bill Bacci, HP ESP)
- Policy Management for Open Source
- Secure Code Testing
- Secure Coding in an Open Source World
- Cyber Awareness (Rich Savage, Carahsoft)
- Open Source for Mission Critical Systems
- Threat Awareness
- Questions when Selecting Open Source
- Mobility (AJ Jaghori, OSSI)
- Building the Future Federal Application Panacea…NOW!
- Securing the Device Without Compromising Performance and Usability
- Big Data (Scott Ruff, VMWare/Pivitol)
- Data Science – Using Open Source Software to Derive Valuable Information from Very Large Data-Sets
- Evolution of Hadoop – From Incubator, to Specialized Applications, to Mainstream
This will be a great day with open source discussions and answers for many. Register for the event here.