Deltek Analyst Luke Harris reports.
In November, the widely-anticipated LA-RICS project request for proposals (RFP) was released, and on December 6, Los Angeles County, Calif., released an associated RFP for project and construction management services.
The RFP seeks a vendor to manage the LA-RICS project in accordance with the highest professional standards. The consultant is expected to be responsible for a combination of essential project and construction management services including, but not limited to, the following functions:
- Coordinate the planning, designing, developing, supplying, fabricating, constructing, installing, testing, commissioning, deploying and training for the successful completion of the LA-RICS project, including the telecommunications system.
- Develop program procedures for the management of funding authorizations, funding approvals, cost escalation, communications protocols, records management, and the responsibility matrix.
- Prepare and manage project budgets and schedules.
- Review and assess the LA-RICS project’s system architecture, design criteria and standards, and coordinate design technical reviews and resolution of technical issues.
- Provide document control, administrative support, and information management.
- Administer LA-RICS project contracts, including, but not limited to, contracts with the telecommunications system contractor and the environmental services consultants.
For the complete blog, go here.