- Are you awesome?
- Does working with cutting edge technology inspire you?
- Do you want to work in a place that’s doing lots of cool stuff?
GovDelivery seeks a Linux Systems Administrator. We’re looking for someone who loves tackling new problems, is constantly learning, and is interested in automating processes.
As a Linux Systems Administrator in the Technical Operations organization, you will join the team responsible for the entire management lifecycle of the systems and storage supporting the GovDelivery SaaS services. We maintain a very exciting, high transaction environment built on our internal cloud.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of data center systems as well as solid experience with cloud based computing.The Linux Systems Administrator reports directly to the Operations Manager and works in a group with three other SysAdmins. In your cover letter, please describe the most interesting technology you’ve addressed.
- Provide technical expertise in transitioning to a DevOps operating model, including increased automation
- Continuous improvement of existing processes and services through documentation
- Build, maintain and optimize performance of the following, with a focus on reliability, scalability and simplification:
- VMware infrastructure
- Linux systems, including underlying network and storage subsystems
- Application containers to support production SaaS software
- Cover core business hours in addition to 24×7 on-call rotation and maintenance windows
- 5+ years UNIX or Linux
- 3+ years VMware ESX
- SMTP, POP and IMAP protocols, and MTA experience (Sendmail, Postfix, etc.)
- System management tools (capacity management, configuration management, automation, etc.)
- Able to program in a high level language (Python preferred)
- Configuration management and automation tools (Puppet preferred)
- Web servers, application servers, and load balancers
- Advanced knowledge of network communications protocols and troubleshooting commands and tools
- Demonstrated experience documenting processes and procedures for other administrators to follow
- NAS and SAN storage
- SSL, SSH, PKI, and DNS
- SAGE Level III preferred
Successful candidates will also have
- Enthusiasm for achieving high quality results
- Excitement for managing multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment
- Team oriented
- ITIL service offerings
- Demonstrated pattern of taking initiative
- Pursue innovation and excellence
- Maintain a core customer focus
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be tailored to the candidate commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental plan, and matching 401(k).