ASSISTANT COMPLIANCE OFFICER
NOTICE OF JOB OPPORTUNITY
ASSISTANT COMPLIANCE OFFICER (Inspector General’s Office)
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Education or a directly related field, plus two years of professional work experience in the investigation or compliance monitoring of programs and processes, or an equivalent combination of training and experience provided that the minimum degree requirement is met.
NOTE: RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: All City employees must be actual residents of the City of Chicago. Proof of residency will be required at the time of employment.
NOTE: APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE INDIVIDUAL APPLYING. NO SECOND PARTY APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Under supervision, reviews, audits and monitors processes and procedures to ensure compliance with the City of Chicago, Chicago Police Department and the Chicago Fire Department’s Hiring Plans, and all applicable local, state and federal laws pertaining to them, including the Shakman Accord. See Michael Shakman, et al. v. City of Chicago, 69 C 2145.
- Reviews and responds to compliance complaints of alleged hiring violations to ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws, including the Shakman Accord and Hiring Plans.
- Assists in the identification, assessment and prioritization of risks, and development of coordinated controls to prevent, detect and mitigate the consequences of the assessed risks.
- Assists IGO investigative staff on relevant IGO investigations.
- Researches relevant best practices and participates in the making of recommendations to establish and modify relevant policies and procedures.
- Interprets and explains relevant ordinances, policies, and guidelines and participates in the advisement and training of operating departments on new or modified relevant procedures and practices.
- Prepares narrative and statistical reports on assigned cases, and as required by the Hiring Plans.
- Collaborates and manages compliance initiatives and programs with operating departments and outside agencies.
- Performs related duties as required.
To apply for this job title do NOT use the City of Chicago online application.
Follow these six steps:
- Go to e-mail address [email protected];
- In the subject line, type in the job title for which you are applying;
- Complete, save and attach the “Inspector General Employment Application,” available here.
- Attach your cover letter for this job title;
- Attach your resume; and,
- Attach a writing sample and college and/or graduate school transcripts.
NOTE: To be considered for this position you must provide all the information listed above. If you fail to provide this information at the time you submit your application, your submission will be incomplete and you will not be considered for an interview. Application materials will only be accepted by e-mail at [email protected]. When there is more than one open position in which you are interested, you may apply for more than one title by submitting an individual e-mail for each title. Repeat instruction steps one through six with each e-mail.
THE CITY OF CHICAGO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER