Philadelphia is one of the leading cities in the country as far as making government more open, transparent and collaborative with citizens. Some of the great things being done in Philadelphia are:
– The Mayor has issued an Open Data Executive Order.
– Created an Open Data Guidebook for city departments.
– Created an Open Government Plan.
– Philadelphia has a schedule of information to be made available to the public.
– Assisting with all of this is an Open Data Working group, comprised of city government representatives. The group is open to any city employees that are interested in open government.
– Feedback, comments and input is actively sought from members of the public by way of a Google Group that anyone can join.
All of the great items above can serve as a guide for making government in your community more open, transparent and engaging for citizens.