Do you want to be a leader in your field at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) – a groundbreaking organization solely devoted to the economic strength and vitality of American Families? Do you want to challenge yourself and others? If you answer “Yes”, then we have a career for you! CFPB professionals have unparalleled opportunities to expand horizons for themselves and for the nation. Be one of the founding members of an agency that will make a difference in the lives of everyday American families!
This position is located in the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Chief Operating Officer, Administrative Operations, Office of Operations and Facilities Management. You would serve as senior construction representative in the Office of Operations and Facilities Management. You would perform design reviews and provide technical assistance and expertise in projects involving major construction, renovation, restoration and facilities improvement for CFPB, including the Washington DC headquarters and regional offices. Projects involve a variety of types of structures requiring the use of specialized construction methods.
- This position is being filled under CFPB’s excepted service authority.
- Appointments under this authority will be made in the excepted service and do not convey competitive status.
- This appointment may be extended to July 20, 2015.
- Employee may be subject to a two-year trial period.
To learn more, visit http://1.usa.gov/PjctMgr.
The major duties of this position include:
- Plans, directs, and controls designated facilities projects, both renovation and new construction from the initiation stage through planning, design, and construction with all involved agencies. Ensures allocation of agency resources to accomplish the project within established time frames. Prepares statements of work for services, supplies and construction. Statements of work include construction, architectural and engineering (A-E) design, building renovation, modification and installation of new equipment and various building systems.
- Monitors and reports on all phases of planning and construction. Reviews the construction schedule at the beginning of the construction phase and makes recommendations to the Supervisory Facilities Management Specialist and Chief Administrative Officer for acceptance or rejection of the submitted schedule.
- Reviews and monitors contractors’ progress schedule(s) to ensure work being performed is done on time. Prepares project reports, schedules, presentations, and related items to keep all appropriate parties informed on the status of assigned projects. Prepares and maintains project logs, inspections, financial reports, correspondence submittals, warranties, and all status information on projects to ensure that work is executed properly.
- Performs planning and management functions for various types of projects. Develops project management strategies, schedules, and budget estimates for approved and proposed projects. Conducts market research to identify potential contractors, availability of products and services sought, and current market rates. Coordinates all parties involved in the planning, design, and implementation process.
- Serves as a COR (Contracting Officer Representative) on construction, consultant, and construction management services contracts. Performs daily management and oversight of contactors’ work performance on all assigned projects for contract compliance. Evaluates work execution and provides quality assurance for work methods. Maintains detailed records of all work performed on each project, including drawings, specifications, photographs, and cost.
- Works with contractors to ensure adherence to construction specifications and administrative requirements, and to negotiate pricing changes, if necessary. Reviews contract plans and specifications for compliance with appropriate building codes and project requirements. Prepares contract change orders and monitors their execution. Monitors and facilitates resolution of construction contract disputes and claims. Receives pay requests from professional consultants and contractors and approves for payment. Monitors construction contract close-out and maintains documentation files.
- Performs construction project planning duties, such as scheduling and layout of operations, planning for budget requirements, and inspection and surveillance of materials, methods, and equipment used in construction.
- Plans and facilitates office space move management requirements; Arranges and coordinates necessary requirements to ensure office space and workstations are ready for CFPB employees to occupy.
- Provides practical construction advice and guidance when technical interpretation, opinion, or decisions are solicited. Consultations involve assessment of design, modification, evaluations, specifications, maintenance, improvements, repair, logistics support, operational capabilities and limitations, systems safety, or personnel training. Coordinates between CFPB contracting staff, building owners’ staff when work involves modification, alteration or improvements to building space and selected contractors.
To learn more, visit http://1.usa.gov/PjctMgr.