CeBIT Australia recently spoke with Mia Garlick, Assistant Secretary for the Digital Economy Branch, Department of
Broadband, Communication and the Digital Economy. Mia was also a member of the Gov 2.0 Taskforce.
We asked Mia:
- Please briefly describe your role and responsibilities in the organisation.
- Having participated in the Gov 2.0 Taskforce process, and seen the Government response in May – what
have been the main steps forward or strong examples of success, and what
have been the main lessons learnt?
- Gov 2.0 has been described as “sharing information and engaging
with citizens to determine better ways of doing things“– can you
describe a recent example or a program within your department that delivers
- What considerations need to be made when identifying and determining the right tools for
- What are the main challenges or barriers going to be in the move towards implementing a vision of open
Read the interview here.