By Bob Gourley
We have previously written about the very virtuous activities of the Security Innovation Network (SINET). This widely known, highly respected collaborative group seeks to advance the state of innovation in the cyber security domain.
Information on a coming event you will want to track is provided below. I hope to see you there.
Event: SINET Innovation Summit
Date: 6 August 2013
Location: Columbia University, New York
SINET Innovation Summit
Industry – Government – Academia
August 6, 2013 | Columbia University, New York
Supported by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Office of Science and Technology
Innovation Summit Purpose:
The purpose of the Innovation Summit is to reinvigorate public private partnership efforts and increase relationships between industry, government and academia that fosters sharing of information and collaboration on mutual Cybersecurity research projects.
- Listen to the latest and most relevant cybersecurity research projects
- Increase awareness of innovative emerging growth companies
- Opportunities for collaboration between industry – government and academia on mutual research initiatives
- Learn what the Federal Government R&D interests are
- Value of Industry – Academia Intern programs
- When Early Adoption of Technology Can Work
- Successful Collaboration & Open Innovation Models
Who should attend:
Entrepreneurial, investment, policy, private industry, government, science and academia Cybersecurity professionals. Building communities of interest and trust are critical to advancing the security field and ultimately protecting our country’s economic and national security interests. This summit is designed to provide a platform where industry, academic and government practitioners can share their hard problems and solutions with the research community and vice versa.
Register here: http://ctolink.us/19mRDTR